O.I.G. invites volunteers to help in the tropical gardens and plant nursery, in butterfly monitoring, and environmental education in the community.
Join us in prototyping innovative solutions to local challenges with local people. You will get a hands-on experience in the tropical rainforest while creating real impact on the ground with people from Costa Rica and around the world.
Volunteer for a few hours or weeks while spending time in the jungle and on the Golfo Dulce beach in the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. Come as a part of your vacation or the reason for your trip.
Volunteer Training Sessions provide an opportunity to learn new skills working with tropical plants and wildlife .
We ask for a daily minimum of 3 hour volunteer commitment and contact us if you are interested in an extended period. Coffee and light breakfast provided. Ages 16-17 must have adult consent and under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Work days are Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
The volunteer cabin is $10/night or $300/month (Prices to increase August 1, 2017 to $15/night or $400/month)
- Check-in before 6:00 PM and check-out by 11:00 AM
- Cabin is only reserved once payment is made
- No unregistered guests/volunteers are allowed on the property
- Keep gates closed
- There is limited light on the property, use extra caution at night and always carry a flashlight
- Entry to the Butterfly Enclosure is prohibited unless under supervision of O.I.G. staff
- Be thoughtful of water usage
- Keep the cabin swept and clean
- Notify a staff member of any problems in the cabin or property
- All visitors/volunteers must agree to the terms and conditions
Just a five minute walk from downtown Puerto Jimenez, volunteering for OIG is a great way to interact with the rainforest. Come get your hands dirty and support the community.
Call us or email today!