O.I.G. invites volunteers and interns to help in the tropical gardens and plant nursery, in butterfly breeding and monitoring, and environmental education in the community.
Join us in prototyping innovative solutions to local challenges with local people. You will get a hands-on experience in the tropical rainforest while creating real impact on the ground with people from Costa Rica and around the world.
Volunteer for a few hours or intern for a few weeks while spending time in the jungle and on the Golfo Dulce beach in the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. Come as a part of your vacation or the reason for your trip.
We provide training sessions for all volunteers and interns. These are excellent opportunities to work with experts in their field and learn new skills working with tropical plants and wildlife .
Volunteer daily minimum commitment of 3 hours work, and contact us for more information about our internship program if you are interested in an extended period. Coffee and light breakfast provided. Ages 16-17 must have adult consent and under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
Work days are Monday-Friday, 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
To apply, copy and paste the following, fill out and send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Why do you want to volunteer at Osa Interactive Gardens?
How did you hear about us?
Please specify the dates you wish to volunteer
Briefly list your education and work experience
Do you have any medical conditions or special diet? If yes, please specify.
Are you interested in reserving the cabin for $15/night while volunteering (see cabin rules below)?
I have read and agree to Osa Interactive Gardens terms and conditions.
I am at least 18 years of age.
We have an onsite cabin that sleeps 3 for $15/per night per person or $250/month per person (when space is available).
- Check-in before 6:00 PM and check-out by 11:00 AM
- Cabin is only reserved once payment is made
- No unregistered guests/volunteers are allowed on the property or in the cabin
- Keep gates closed
- There is limited light on the property, use extra caution at night and always carry a flashlight
- Entry to the Butterfly Enclosure is prohibited unless under supervision of O.I.G. staff
- Be thoughtful of water usage
- Keep the cabin swept, tidy, and clean
- Notify a staff member of any problems in the cabin or property
- All visitors/volunteers must agree to the terms and conditions
Just a five minute walk from downtown Puerto Jimenez, volunteering for OIG is a great way to interact with the rainforest. Come get your hands dirty and support the community.
Call us or email today!